- Optional security systems can be built right into Quaker’s doors and windows to make your properties safer.
- Constructed to withstand abuse that would quickly destroy other windows and doors.
- Broad product line allows you to meet even the tightest of budgets.
- Specialty products that are unique to the industry such as Quaker’s Escape Window. A standard single-hung window with additional swing-open capabilities to maximize egress. An excellent alternative to openings too large to accommodate horizontal sliders.
- Factory-applied security screen systems save on-site time, aggravation and money.
View Products Within:
- K200 Single Hung
- E300/E303 Slider
- Manchester Single Hung
- Manchester Awning
- E300N Sliding Door
- T300 Single Hung
- AdvantEdge Double Hung
In 1971, the Cuyahoga Metro Housing Authority of Cleveland, Ohio erected a 4 building complex. While all 4 structures are prominent, none were built the same. The 4 buildings are:
- 6-story King Kennedy North
- 7-story Beachcrest
- 16-story Addison Square
- 22-story Willson Tower
Emerge Series E350 Sliders, E350 Picture Windows
In 2009, the entire complex was approved for a federal grant to identify and improve energy inefficiencies within the complex. Among the areas ticketed for replacement were the windows.
The architect and all parties involved from the CMHA were adamant that energy efficiency was a top priority for the new windows. Nothing less than .40 U-Value would be acceptable. But the new products also needed to be solid structurally. And last but not least, it all needed to fit inside the $1.5 million allotted window budget.
In stepped Quaker, which had the perfect product to fill the bill; our E350 Series horizontal sliders, which met all of the thermal and structural specifications and installation went off without a hitch.